About the Built Environment Library
The first Architecture Library occupied two wooden huts on the Upper Campus sports fields.
With the completion of the new Centlivres Building in 1959, it was possible to move into the more suitable, permanent accommodation it occupies to this day.
In line with faculty restructuring in 1997, the library was re-named the Built Environment Library and serves the School of Architecture, Planning & Geomatics and the Department of Construction Economics & Management.
Photos: UCT Collection, Special Collections, University of Cape Town Libraries